Delicious Vegan Banana Bread
Best Vegan Banana Bread
Another day, another loaf. What's better than eating warm banana bread from the oven, whilst sipping a hot cup of tea and watching the latest episode of Survivor?! Not much, I'd say. This loaf is (as usual) vegan and refined sugar free, and can be decorated with a topping of your choice. Delightful!
Write a review
- 3 flax eggs (3 tbs flaxseed meal soaked in 6 tbs water)
- 1 cup date paste (1 cup dates soaked in 1 cup water, drained and blitzed)
- 1 cup self-raising flour (wholemeal, gluten free or whatever you desire is fine, too!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Banana, coconut or any other delicious treat to decorate!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a loaf tin
- Combine flax eggs and date paste and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, chia seeds, vanilla beans and coconut, and make a well in the centre
- Pour bananas, almond milk, flaxseed mixture and into well and mix until just combined
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean
- Serve warm with your favourite spread!
- You may need to cover the loaf if the outside starts to burn, so please use discretion