Acai and Strawberry Chia Puddings
As regular readers of the blog will know, I very much enjoy dessert. Managing a healthy lifestyle with a love of dessert can be tricky, however, so I do my best to create indulgent, delicious sweet treats as well as healthy, light and fresh options. My Acai and Strawberry Chia Puddings are mild, low in sugar and make a lovely dessert, morning tea or sweet snack. You can add extra maple syrup if you like things sweeter or leave it out entire, and feel free to experiment with fruits and flavours of your choice!
Ingredients for the pudding
- 100g chia seeds
- 400g coconut milk
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp acai powder
Ingredients for the strawberry sauce
- 250g strawberries
- 1/2 tbs water
- 1/2 tbs maple syrup (optional)
- Vanilla, to taste
- Strawberries and banana, to serve
Instructions for the pudding
- In a medium sized bowl, combine chia seeds, milk, maple syrup and acai powder and mix well.
- Place in the fridge and leave to set for 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge, stir well, and place back into the fridge for at least another 4 hours, or over night.
Instructions for the strawberry sauce
- Blend strawberries, water, maple syrup and vanilla using a stick blender until smooth.
- Assemble the puddings by layering the pudding, sauce and fresh fruit in glasses or bowls.
- Store in an airtight container.