Blackberry Melting Moments
Melting Moments make for such an impressive sweet treat, and although time consuming, are really easy to make. You can experiment with different jam, buttercream and cookie flavours, but for me, nothing beats a classic shortbread, a buttery filling and a sweet jam. Be sure to enjoy in moderation!
Ingredients for the biscuits
- 180g vegan butter
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 185g plain flour, sifted
- 30g cornflour
- 50g icing sugar
Ingredients for the filling
- 150g vegan butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tbs soy milk
- Blackberry jam
Instructions for the biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large bowl using a handheld mixer, beat butter, rind, juice and vanilla until combined.
- Add baking powder, flours and icing sugar and beat until mixture comes together and appears smooth.
- Place biscuit dough on a very well floured surface and top with extra flour.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out mixture until it's around 0.5cm. If the mixture is too sticky, keep adding flour until it rolls easily.
- Using a small cookie cutter, cut out circles until all of the mixture is used.
- Place biscuits onto prepared tray and using a fork, press into the top of half of the biscuits to leave indents. These will be the top parts of the finished biscuits.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until biscuits are starting to brown and harden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
Instruction for the filling
- In stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or large bowl using a handheld mixer, beat butter, icing sugar, lemon juice and soy milk until smooth.
- Put mixture into a piping bag with a piping tip of your choice, and pipe onto half of the cooled biscuits.
- Spread jam over the inside of the remaining biscuits and sandwich with the buttercream biscuits.
- Sift icing sugar over biscuits if desire and serve.