Cashew, Coconut and Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
Sometimes I wonder if I'm trying to emulate my early childhood, the days before I had teeth or the ability to understand how amazing Law and Order is. I mean, I spend most days blending up soft foods, pouring them into a bowl and eating them with a grin on my face. I just can't stop making smoothie bowls! This is another recipe created in conjunction with the amazing Naked Foods in Newtown, and uses one of my new favourite products: the almighty cashew/coconut spread (like peanut butter, only with cashews and desiccated coconut). I also used their cacao powder, vegan granola and shaved coconut, which created this delectable Cashew, Coconut and Chocolate Smoothie Bowl. Vegan, refined sugar free, and delicious. Check out nakedfoods.com.au to see more of their products.
- 1 1/2 bananas (fresh or frozen), plus extra to decorate
- 1 1/2 cups vegan milk (I use coconut milk)
- 2 tbs cashew/coconut spread (or more!), plus extra to decorate
- 1 tbs cacao
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans
- Vegan granola, to decorate
- Shaved coconut, to decorate
- Cacao nibs, to decorate
- Place banana, milk, cashew spread, cacao and vanilla beans in a blender and blitz until smooth
- Pour into a medium sized bowl and top with banana, cashew spread, granola, coconut and cacao nibs, or any other delicious toppings you enjoy!
- Eat as quickly as possible to ensure you don't have to share