Crispy Cauliflower Bowls
My Crispy Cauliflower Bowls recipe is a wonderful addition to the vegan kitchen, and is a regular in my house because it's made up for some of my favourite ingredients, tastes AMAZING and is an easy to make and healthy dinner option. Cauliflower, sweet potato, edamame and other ingredients made it a great meal for vegans, vegetarians or those of you trying to eat less meat, as it'll leave you feeling satisfied, satiated and full of plant-based goodies that make up a complete, meat-free diet. If you're eating this as a main the recipe makes two full portions, but it can feed a couple more if you've got other dishes, too.
Ingredients for the cauliflower
- 450g cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tbs panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for the salad
- 350g sweet potato, diced and roasted until cooked through
- 85g edamame
- 250g cabbage and carrot mix, finely chopped
- 100g gold cherry tomatoes
- Extra olive oil, optional
Ingredients for the almond sprinkle
- 50g raw almonds
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp smoked salt
Instructions for the cauliflower
- Preheat oven to approximately 200 degrees Celsius and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and toss well to combine.
- Place cauliflower onto prepared tray and place into the oven. Cook for approximately 40 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft on the inside and starting to get crispy on the outside.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside.
Instructions for the salad
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add cauliflower and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
Instructions for the almond sprinkle
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until mixture resembles breadcrumb. Chunks are okay!
- Sprinkle over salad prior to serving.