I have so many cookie recipes and yet I'm always looking for more! This one is a crowd pleaser with its chewy and soft texture and sweet and mild flavour. My Coconut Oat Cookies are quick to make and freeze well, so bake a batch, smash a few and save the rest for later!
Coconut Oat Cookies
- 200g vegan butter
- 210g caster sugar (or more, if you like things extra sweet)
- 2 vegan eggs (1 tsp egg replacement powder mixed with 2-4 tbs water)
- Vanilla bean paste, to taste
- 50g plain flour
- 110g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g quick oats
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp golden syrup
- Preheat over to approximately 190 degrees Celsius and line a large baking tray with baking powder.
- Place butter, sugar eggs and vanilla into a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and using a spatula, mix until just combined.
- Wrap the cookie dough and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll mixture into small balls, place on the prepared tray and flatten. Sprinkle with extra coconut or sugar, if desired.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until cookies are looking golden.
- Leave to cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the freezer until needed.