Decadent Mousse Domes
Creamy and rich, get ready for the dessert of your life! I'm excited to share my mousse recipe, which is really easy but just as velvety as the non-vegan versions you miss. You can make the mousse on its own and serve cold in glasses, or make my full Decadent Mousse Domes with the lovely chocolate casing. Perfect for a celebration or dinner party.
Ingredients for the mousse
- 155ml soy milk
- 155g dark vegan chocolate, roughly chopped
- 225g coconut whipping cream (I use Nature's Charm. Put the tin in the fridge until cold, then scoop out only the creamy part. Avoid using the remaining liquid.)
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp agar agar
Ingredients for the topping
- 200g dark vegan chocolate, melted
- 50g white vegan chocolate, melted, optional
- Gold leaves, optional
Instructions for the mousse
- Set aside dome moulds, of any size you like.
- Heat soy milk in a saucepan until it just starts to boil.
- Place chocolate in a bowl and over with the milk, leaving for 1 minute to soften.
- Meanwhile, whip the coconut cream and sugar until thick and smooth. This should only take 1 minute if you don't add any liquid from the tin.
- Mix the chocolate and milk mixture with a spatula until completely smooth, then add the agar agar and mix to combine.
- Pour chocolate over coconut cream, and carefully fold mixture until completely combined.
- Place into prepared moulds, ensuring the tops are completely smooth.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set. The mousse will now be ready, so if you're not making the complete domes you can enjoy straight away!
- Otherwise, then place moulds in the freezer to completely harden.
Instructions from the topping
- Take the moulds from the freezer and remove each dome. Place on upside down glasses to prepare for the dripping chocolate.
- Melt or temper the dark chocolate, then pour over each dome until completely covered.
- Place back in the fridge for 30 minutes, then top with white chocolate and gold leaves to taste.
- Serve cold.