Stuffed potatoes are easy to prepare and make a fantastic snack, side or light dinner. You can use whichever herbs you have on hand, switch out vegan cheese for nutritional yeast if you prefer a healthier option, and add more salt, cheese and spices to taste. Serve with veggies or as part of a killer vegan barbeque!
Easy Stuffed Potatoes
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 2 large russet potato
- 5g fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 4g fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 50g vegan cheese, shredded (or more to taste)
- 20g Pimp My Salad Coconut Bacon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Vegan sour cream and extra chives, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to approximately 180 degrees Celsius and set aside a baking tray.
- Rub 1/2 tbs olive oil onto potatoes and place onto baking tray.
- Bake for 1 hour, then remove from the oven and leave until cool enough to handle.
- Cut a thin layer off the top of each potato, then scoop out most of the flesh inside, leaving a small edge so the potatoes stay firm.
- Place potato flesh in a bowl with dill, chives, cheese, bacon, 2 tsp oil and salt and pepper (and anything else you want to add!), and mash until well combined.
- Spoon back into the potatoes and bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with avocado and serve with sour cream and extra chives.