Easy Tabouli Salad
It's fresh, light, healthy and full of wholesome ingredients - what's not to love?! This is my version of the famous tabbouleh recipe, which is vegan and super easy to make. Serve it as a side salad, main dish or filling for a fresh, warm pita.
Ingredients for the salad
- 70g freekeh
- 260ml water
- 1/2 vegan stock cube
- 1 x bunch Curly-leaf Parsley, washed and chopped
- 1 x bunch Flat-left Parsley, washed and chopped
- 2 Truss Tomatoes
- A handful of mint, roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1 tbs olive oil
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- The juice of 1/4 a lime
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbs pomegranate juice, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions for the salad
- Set aside a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine freekeh, water and stock cube and cook over a low heat until all liquid has been absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Place parsley, tomatoes, mint and scallions into prepared bowl, then add cooled freekeh.
Instructions for the dressing
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, then just before serving, pour over the salad and toss to combine.
- Store the salad in an airtight container in the fridge.