Easy Vegan Noodle Soup
This soup is so easy to make, and is the best winter warmer for cold, miserable nights. It's super healthy and can be made with the leftover vegetables you have in your fridge, and the broth can be made in advance until you're ready to serve with the noddles. Healthy, hearty and cruelty free - what more could you want?!
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 carrots, chopped into thick pieces
- 150g mixed mushrooms (shiitake, oyster etc.)
2 scallions, chopped
- 3 tbs miso paste
- 1/2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 litre water
- 150g rice noodles
- Fried scallions, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds, to serve
- Heat oil in a dip frying pan on a low heat for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and ginger, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, mushrooms and scallions, and mix to combine. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add miso paste, vinegar, soy sauce, stock and water, and increase heat to medium. Leave to simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until vegetables are as soft as you like.
- When you're ready to serve the soup, soak noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain and place into soup.
- Top with sunflower seeds, fried scallions and sesame seeds, and serve hot.