Easy Vegan Potato and Leek Soup
Although the weather is getting warmer here in Sydney, I'm still enjoying making light and healthy soups. This is a really easy recipe that makes a delicious soup, which tastes great with crusty bread. You can add extra vegetables if you're feeling adventurous, too!
- 2 litres water
- 1 vegan vegetable stock cube (I like Massel's products)
- 1 vegan chicken stock cube (I like Massel's products)
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 small leeks
- 1/2 a fennel bulb
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs cumin seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil water and stock cubes over a medium heat
- Add potatoes and leek, and cook for approximately 10 minutes
- Add nutritional yeast, cumin seeds and salt and pepper and turn off heat
- Using a hand held blitzer, process until mixture is smooth
- Garnish with herbs and spices of your choice and enjoy!