It's recently become my mission to create a series of recipes for vegan and non-vegan eaters alike, that are veganised versions of classic dishes that taste just like, or even better than, the real thing. Every kitchen must have a pancake recipe, and I'm proud to say my Fluffy Vegan Pancakes recipe gives any regular recipe a run for its money. They're super quick to make, taste fabulous and can easily be doubled, tripled or even quadrupled if you're cooking for a group. Top each stack with your favourite fixings, like maple syrup, lemon sugar or even a vegan Nutella.
Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
- 130g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbs caster sugar
- 250ml soy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Toppings of your choice, like banana, maple syrup, fresh figs etc.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a medium sized bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a jug, combine milk and vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add vanilla to milk mixture and then slowly pour it over the dry mixture, whisking as you go. It's okay to have a few lumps but try to make the batter reasonably smooth.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and place over a low to medium heat. Leave for 30 seconds.
- Carefully pour 1/4 of the batter (or less or more, depending on how big you like your pancakes) onto pan and tilt it to evenly spread the mixture (you can also use a spoon for this too!).
- Cook pancake until bubbles appear along the top and the batter is not longer runny, and flip. Repeat the action and place each pancake on a paper towel, before covering with a tea towel to keep warm.
- Serve with fruit, maple syrup, lemon sugar or whatever topics you like!