'tis the season for baking cookies, and the gluten intolerant among us shouldn't have to miss out! My Gluten Free Jam Drops are so easy to make, require only five ingredients and can be made in advance and frozen until ready to use. If you'd prefer not to use jam, you can fill each cookie with desiccated coconut or another ingredient of your choice. Take these to your next Christmas party and the sensitive stomachs will love you!
Gluten Free Jam Drops
- 130g vegan butter (make sure it's gluten free)
- 65ml maple syrup
- 150g plain gluten free flour
- 20g desiccated coconut
- Blackberry jam, to taste
- Preheat oven to approximately 185 degrees Celsius and line a biscuit tray with baking paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat butter and maple syrup until completely combined.
- Add flour and coconut, and keep beating until they are fully incorporated.
- Roll mixture into small balls, then flatten and make an indentation in the middle of each one.
- Place cookies onto prepared tray, fill each indentation with jam and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until cookies just start to brown and fill firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool completely and store at room temperature in an air tight container.