Sometimes you're craving pancakes but at the same time, want something a little healthier to start the day. This is the perfect recipe for those days, which basically adapts a porridge recipe and turns it into a wholesome serving of pancakes! You can easily customise it with your milk and flavourings of choice, but be warned: this is dense and healthy recipe that tastes as such. For the times you just want to indulge and enjoy a more traditional stack, check out my Fluffy Vegan Pancakes recipe here!
Healthy 5 Ingredient Pancakes
- 180g rolled oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 210ml dairy-free milk like almond, oat, coconut or soy
- 2 tsp maple syrup, or more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- Butter or oil, to cook
- Blend oats until they resemble flour, though it's okay if the oats are still a bit chunky.
- Add banana, milk syrup and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Heat a small amount of butter or oil over a medium heat in a non-stick frying pan or skillet until melted.
- Measure 1/4 - 1/2 a cup of batter, then pour into pan. You can make them as big or as small as you like!
- Flip each pancake once you see bubbles appearing. It should be easy to fit your spatula under each one, otherwise they're not ready.
- Serve warm with your favourite pancake toppings!