Healthy Pear, Pecan and Choc-chip Bread
Banana bread is obviously great, but there's only so many variations you can try before people start telling you to 'get out more' or as you to 'stop asking if I know where the cheapest bananas are being sold.' People can be so rude. Instead of being that guy, grab a pair of pears and try my Healthy Pear, Pecan and Choc-chip Bread, which is vegan, low sugar and tastes particularly delicious after being toasted.
- 250g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 185g chopped pear (approximately 1 pear)
- 70g chocolate chips
- 45g chopped pecans
- 100ml almond milk
- 100ml water
- 75ml rice malt syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbs flaxseed meal mixed with 5 tbs warm water, set aside for 10 minutes)
- Extra pear, pecans and chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to approximately 180 degrees Celsius and grease a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pear, chocolate chips and pecans and mix well.
- In a large jug, combine milk, water, syrup and flaxseed eggs.
- Pour milk mixture over flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared tin, top with extra pear, pecans and chocolate chips, and bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes, or until loaf springs back to the touch and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool or serve warm (recommended!).