I've tried many granolas in my time, but they all seem to be full of sugar, sickly sweet, and heavy on the seeds. I like my granola crunchy, wholesome and healthy, and this recipe is all of those things. It uses a small amount of rice malt syrup and a cup of sultanas for sweetness, but leaves out the refined sugars and juices. Enjoy my Healthy Vegan Granola for breakfast, or be a glutton like me and eat it in between meals as you imagine how magical it must be on the set of Law and Order: SVU. Happy snacking!
Healthy Vegan Granola
- 2 cups puffed corn
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup sultanas
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrupurite fruits!
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius, and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well
- Place onto baking tray and bake for approximately 25 minutes, turning tray to ensure mixture cooks evenly
- Remove from oven and leave to cool (I like letting the oats and chia seeds stick together for extra crunch!)
- Enjoy with almond milk, coconut yogurt and your favourite fruits!