Last Minute Vegan Curry
I'll get straight to the point. This is a recipe for the day you come home late from work, starving, not sure what to make and with little time to make it. It uses spices you probably already have, pantry items most vegans always have on hand, and veggies that come fresh or frozen. The beauty of this recipe is that most of the ingredients can spices can be substituted for what you do have (and if you have fresh garlic and ginger, even better!), as long as you stick with the general recipe structure. Perfect for a cozy night in!
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1/2 tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbs tomato paste
- 300g sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 200g green beans, halved
- 100g capsicum, diced (any capsicum you have will work!)
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 350ml coconut milk
- 1 vegan stock cube mixed with 250ml hot water
- Place oil and onion into a large frying pan or pot over a medium heat. Leave to heat until onion becomes translucent, stirring as needed.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, chilli, curry powder and tomato paste and mix into onion. Cook, stirring regularly, for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix to combine and cover the frying pan or pot with a lid. Leave to cook for 10 minutes before checking.
- Keep checking mixture, increasing heat as the veggies start to cook if you like a drier curry.
- Serve curry with rice, salad or whatever you have on hand!