Mango and Banana Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie bowls are a quick and easy way to make a nutritious, vegan snack. I love making new smoothie bowl creations and decided to include my Vegan Granola recipe as a crunchy topping. The recipe makes a large batch, so you can use some for this smoothie bowl and binge eat the rest whilst binge watching your favourite show. It isn't a very sweet, but you're sweet enough, right?
- 1 cup chopped frozen or fresh mango
- 1 banana
- 1 cup vegan milk (I like vegan coconut milk)
- 3 cups raw mixed nuts
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (I use a mix of cranberries, crimson raisins, sultanas and goji berries)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 flax egg
- 3-4 tbs maple syrup, or as little/as much as you like
- Various toppings, such as berries, chia seeds, coconut or passionfruit
- Blitz mango, banana and milk in a blender until smooth, and place in the refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- To make granola: mix nuts, oats, puffed quinoa, cinnamon, chia seeds, dried fruit, applesauce and flax egg in a large baking dish and place in oven
- Mix granola every twenty minutes to ensure it cooks evenly, and after about 15 minutes, add maple syrup
- Cook for approximately 45 minutes or until nuts have browned, and leave to cool before using
- To make smoothie bowl: pour liquid into a bowl, top with granola and any other toppings, and serve!
- This recipe makes a large batch of granola, so you'll have plenty left for all your other smoothie bowls!