Crunchy, tangy and full of protein, my Miso and Brown Rice Balls are the perfect freezer snack that can be added to almost any veggie base. Most of the ingredients will probably already be in your pantry, and once you buy a packet of miso paste you’ll find yourself using it in everything from salad dressings to stir-fries. Don’t be afraid to throw in your own combination of spices, too!
Miso and Brown Rice Balls
- ½ tbs sesame oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 125g celery
- 130g raw mixed nuts, chopped finely
- 1 tbs miso paste
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 250g cooked brown rice
- 45g wholemeal spelt flour
- Heat oil in a small pan, then add onion, garlic and celery. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Remove onion mixture from heat and place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Place mixture into the fridge to set for at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to approximately 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Once mixture is cool, roll into balls, toss in breadcrumbs if desired, then place on prepared tray.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until crispy and serve warm.