No-bake Mixed Berry Chocolate Slice
Baking a dessert is good, eating a dessert is better, but not having to bake AND being able to eat dessert, is definitely the best. My No-bake Mixed Berry Chocolate Slice is really easy to make and combines a chewy chocolate base with a creamy and light berry layer. It stores in the freezer and is made with a bunch of healthy, wholesome ingredients. And if you close your eyes and really focus, it'll almost taste like a McDonald's birthday cake, just healthier, more ethical, and handled by far fewer children.
Ingredients for the base layer
- 180g dates, soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- 85g rolled oats
- 75g raw nuts
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 1 tbs water
- 2 tbs cacao powder
Ingredients for the berry layer
- 160g raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours
- 70ml almond milk
- 2 tbs water
- 100g dates, soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- 300g frozen mixed berries
- A handful of vegan chocolate chips
- A handful of shredded coconut
Instructions for the base layer
- Line a square or rectangular deep baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture comes together but still has some chunks throughout it.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared tray and place in the fridge to set.
Instructions for the berry layer
- Place the cashews, almond milk and water in a food processor and blend for 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to become smooth.
- Add dates and berries, and continue to blitz until mixture is completely smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the base from the fridge and pour berry mixture over it, smoothing with a spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate and coconut over mixture, and place in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Place the slice in the fridge 1/2 hour prior to serving.