No Bake Pineapple and Passion Fruit Cake
While no bake cakes do take patience and time, they are definitely worth the effort. My No Bake Pineapple and Passion Fruit Cake is made with wholesome ingredients like raw nuts, fresh and dried fruit, and topped with crunchy coconut, and can be stored in the freezer for months! If you haven't tried this type of cake before be warned: the taste takes some adjusting to, but it's such a great alternative to highly processed, sugary cakes and biscuits, and has a beautiful texture if made right. The blended cashews also give it a beautiful creamy quality that you'll love!
Ingredients for the base
- 180g dates, soaked in water for at least 2 hours, with 1 tbs of water reserved
- 85g rolled oats
- 75g raw mixed nuts
- 1/2 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs reserved water from the dates
Ingredients for the vanilla layer
- 175g raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 75ml almond milk
- 80ml rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 1/2 tbs peanut butter
Ingredients for the pineapple layer
- 130g raw cashews
- 200g frozen pineapple pieces, defrosted slightly
- 75ml almond milk
- 1/2 tsp rum
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup
- 2 passion fruits
Ingredients for the topping
- Shredded coconut, dried pineapple, slivered almonds and fresh passion fruit
Instructions for the base
- Line a round cake tin with a removable base with baking paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all base ingredients until the mixture comes together but still has some chunky bits within it.
- Press mixture into prepared tin and place in the freezer to set.
Instructions for the vanilla layer
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until the mixture is as smooth as you can get it. The less chunky the mixture is, the better it will taste!
- Remove the base from the freezer and pour the vanilla layer over it. Place it back in the freezer to set for 2 hours.
Instructions for the pineapple layer
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and again, blitz until it's as smooth as you can get it.
- Remove the base and vanilla layer from the freezer and pour the pineapple layer over it.
Instructions for the topping
- Sprinkle toppings of your choice over the pineapple layer and place in the fridge to set for 3 hours.
- Take the cake out of the freezer and place in the fridge for an hour before serving.