Pantry Oatmeal Cookies
We're all stuck indoors, but that doesn't mean we can't eat well! These cookies are made from ingredients you probably already have, most of which can be easily substituted for whatever you have in can find in the pantry. They're low in sugar, wholesome and make for perfect quarantine snacking. Vegan, as always!
- 150g quick oats
- 125g almond meal
- 1/2 tbs cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 25g baking sweetener
- 150g raisins
- 1 banana, mashed (125g)
- 1 tbs chia seeds mixed with 3 tbs water (set aside for at least 15 minutes)
- 60g vegan chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, almond meal, cinnamon, salt, powder, soda, sweetener and raisins.
- Add banana and chia egg and use your hands to mix until completely combined.
- Roll into 20 balls and press each one onto prepared tray to flatten.
- Back for approximately 20 minutes, remove from oven and drizzle over chocolate if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.