Passion Fruit Loaf with Marmalade Icing
This loaf is a lovely addition to any morning tea spread, and makes a great alternative to chocolate desserts for those who prefer fruity treats. You can use gluten-free flour in lieu of the regular kind, and serve the icing on the side if you feel like toasting it instead!
Ingredients for the loaf
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- The pulp from 4 passion fruits (about 1/4 cup)
Ingredients for the icing
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbs soy milk
- 1/2 tbs marmalade
- 2 passion fruits
Instructions for the loaf
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a loaf tin with vegan butter.
- Place flour, baking powder coconut, sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl, and using a handheld mixer, beat until well combined.
- Add butter and beat for a further 30 seconds.
- Add milk and passion fruit, and gently mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the loaf is starting to brown and springs back when touched.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
Instructions for the icing
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over loaf to serve.