Pineapple and Mango Smoothie Bowl
I’ve never understood people who think ice-cream is too cold to eat in winter. Ice-cream transcends weather, and I feel reasonably confident saying I would purchase a frosty treat in a blizzard, particularly given the low risk of it melting in my hands. The same goes for smoothie bowls, so if you’ve got a spoon and an appetite, this recipe will serve you all year ‘round. I worked again with Naked Foods in Newtown and came up with my Pineapple and Mango Smoothie Bowl, which is thick, fresh and tangy. I used their dried pineapple rings (which are one of my favourite products), shaved and crunchy coconut pieces and bitey inca berries. They have a huge selection of nuts, seeds and fruits, so the topping possibilities are almost as endless as the skiing opportunities in the aforementioned blizzard. Enjoy!
- 1 mango
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup frozen banana
- 8 rings dried pineapple, soaked in water
- 1 cup vegan milk, coconut water or water
- Pineapple rings, to decorate
- Inca berries, to decorate
- Shaved coconut, to decorate
- Strawberries, to decorate
- Place mango, fresh pineapple, banana, dried pineapple and milk in a blender
- Blitz for 30 seconds or until well combined
- Top with your favourite nuts, fruits and seeds!