Crispy Patatas Bravas (vegan)
Crispy, tangy and creamy, this vegan version of a Spanish classic is a huge crowd-pleaser! My recipe includes a tomato sauce that's really easy to make, and uses Dibble Garlic Aioli for a creamy, vegan topping. Top with your favourite greens and share with your favourite people.
Ingredients for the potatoes
- 1kg brushed potatoes, cubed
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Ingredients for the sauce and topping
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 200g tinned tomato
- Dibble Garlic Aioli, to taste
- Parsley, scallions or chives, to taste
Instructions for the potatoes
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius and set aside a large baking tray or dish.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Boil until potatoes are just cooked through.
- Drain water and place potatoes onto prepared tray, tossing with oil and seasoning. Use a fork to smash potatoes.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until potatoes are nice and crispy.
Instructions for the sauce and topping
- Heat oil in a saucepan for 30 seconds.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over a low heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, place potatoes onto a serving platter, top with tomato sauce, Dibble Garlic Aioli and greens of choice and enjoy hot.