Rocky Road Slice
I was so disappointed to find out as a vegan I couldn't enjoy the humble marshmallow. Life looked bleak, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to enjoy dessert again. In a nice turn of events, however, I discovered a fabulous vegan version, which works perfectly in my Rocky Road Slice. This recipe was developed with Naked Foods in Newtown, Sydney, who provided me with ingredients from their vegan friendly range. These include: coconut sugar, unbleached bakers flour, roasted mixed nuts, vegan milk chocolate. An alternative version of this recipe could be made using their dried cranberries or dried cherries, or by throwing in some caramelised macadamias!
- 200g vegan butter
- 100g coconut sugar
- 270g unbleached bakers flour
- 35g cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 275g roasted mixed nuts
- 300g vegan pink and white marshmallows
- 100g glace cherries
- 800g vegan milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius, and line a square or rectangular baking tray
- Beat butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl until well combined
- Add flour, cocoa and vanilla and mix with a metal spoon until just combined
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes
- Remove mixture and leave to cool
- To make topping, sprinkle nuts, marshmallows and cherries over biscuit base, and pour melted chocolate on top
- Place in the fridge to set for a few hours, cut into pieces and enjoy!
- I highly recommend checking out Naked Foods or visiting a local bulk/health food store in your area.
- Check them out here: http://nakedfoods.com.au