Spiced Pumpkin Bread
I'm going to be honest, this recipe was the result of cheap pumpkin being on sale, and my desire not to waste a single gram. It's easy to make and freezes well, and makes for a lightly spiced, low sugar snack. If you're feeling inspired, try substituting pumpkin for another vegetable that's on sale.
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 3/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 3/4 cup mashed pumpkin
- Preheat oven to approximately 175 degrees Celsius and grease a banana bread tin.
- Pour milk and vinegar into a small jug and leave for 10 minutes to create buttermilk .
- In a large bowl, combine flour, powder, cinnamon and mixed spice and mix to combine.
- Add syrup, pumpkin and milk and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool before serving.