It's getting colder in Sydney, and slowly my fridge is getting stocked with wholesome winter ingredients to keep my *always cold* body warm.
This soup is really easy to make, has a small kick to it and is can be easily adapted to suit you spice preferences. Cruelty free and great for weeknight dinners.
Vegan Noodle Soup
- 1.25 litres water
- 1 vegan chicken stock cube
- 300g tofu
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1/2 tbs finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs vegan red curry paste
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 2 tsp vegan fish sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 100g oyster mushrooms
- 100g enoki mushrooms
- 250g rice noodles
- Coriander to serve, optional
- Boil water and pour into a large jug. Add stock cube and set aside.
- Cook tofu in a frying pan with oil if desired, and set aside.
- In a deep frying pan over a medium heat, cook chili, ginger, garlic, onion and olive oil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add curry paste and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add water and coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add remaining ingredients and heat until noodles are soft.
- Pour into bowls and top with tofu and coriander.