Spirulina and Edamame Green Bowl
As a vegan cook, you can never have too many salad, veggie or buddha bowl recipes, especially if you make a lot of your own meals or enjoy entertaining. My Spirulina and Edamame Green Bowl is packed with all sorts of healthy goodies, and feel free to experiment with additions of your own. If you can't find spirulina noodles, use another type of noodle like vermicelli or udon.
Ingredients for the salad
- 200g spirulina noodles
- 320g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbs vegan butter
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 200g edamame beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Green olives, to taste
- A mix of salad and greens (optional)
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs hemp seeds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions for the salad
- Place noodles in a large saucepan, cover in boiling water and cook on a low heat form approximately 5 minutes, or until noodles are soft. Drain and just before serving, rinse in cold water.
- Combine mushrooms, liquid smoke, butter and paprika in a frying pan and heat until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- In a large bowl, combine edamame, avocado, olives, mushrooms and noodles.
Instructions for the dressing
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients and pour over salad just before serving.
- Serve with extra salad and a vegan protein of your choice!