Sticky Cauliflower Bites
Sticky, rich and sweet, cauliflower has never looked better. I would eat cauliflower in almost any format, but this recipe is the most decadent and indulgent version. Made with peanut butter, maple syrup, ginger and spices, it's perfect for a dinner party, potluck or festive celebration.
Ingredients for the cauliflower
- 200ml vegan milk
- 100g plain flour (gluten free if required)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (gluten free if required)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 200g breadcrumbs (gluten free if required)
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into pieces
Ingredients for the sauce
- 4 tbs sesame seeds
- 6 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free option)
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, finely diced
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1.5 tbs pure peanut butter
Instructions for the cauliflower
- Preheat oven to approximately 180 degrees Celsius and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, flour, seasoning and powders and mix until smooth.
- Place breadcrumbs in another bowl and set aside.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter, let the excess drip off, then dip into breadcrumbs and place on prepared tray.
- Bake cauliflower in the oven for 30 minutes.
Instructions for the sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over a medium heat until the sauce starts to thicken up and bubble.
- Pour over cooked cauliflower and place back in the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve hot!