Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Avocado Buddha Bowl
Finding healthy, quick and delicious lunch and dinner ideas is not so easy, particularly if you're avoiding meat and dairy, or have allergies of any kind. My Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Avocado Buddha Bowl is so simple to make and combines delicious, clean ingredients to make a nutritious, hearty meal. You can substitute the ingredients with what you have in the fridge, but make sure to keep the creamy, thick and moreish avocado dressing as is (you won't regret it!).
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Dukkah, optional
Ingredients for the salad
- 1 Hawaiian sweet potato, or sweet potato of your choice
- 1/4 cup tinned or cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup tinned or cooked corn
- 4 cups mixed salad
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Instructions for the dressing
- Combine avocado, oil, lemon, mustard and salt and pepper into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle with dukkah and set aside until ready to use.
Instructions for the salad
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut sweet potatoes into pieces, place on baking tray, and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place black beans, corn, greens and cherry tomatoes into two bowls, and lightly dress with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Add warm sweet potato to the bowls, top with avocado dressing and dukkah, and serve.