Vegan Choc-chip Banana Bread
You can never have too many loaf recipes, and this one is sweet, moist and perfect for any crowd-pleasing occasion! Made with chocolate chips, chocolate spread and ripe bananas, it's fantastic as a morning tea treat, a substantial dessert or for any occasion where savoury food alone just won't do. You can also make it in advance and freeze it in slices or as a whole loaf. Easy, convenient and cruelty-free.
- 500ml soy milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 350g self-raising flour
- 50g almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 230g caster sugar
- 100g vegan chocolate chips
- 360g mashed banana (approximately 3 bananas)
- 1 tsp hazelnut extract
- 4 tbs vegan chocolate spread, or more, to taste
- Preheat your oven to approximately 190 degrees Celsius and generously grease a large loaf tin with vegan butter.
- In a medium sized jug, combine milk and vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, almond meal, baking powder, sugar and chocolate chips.
- Add banana, extract and milk mixture and slowly mix, alternating between each addition. Don't over-mix.
- Place batter into prepared tin and top with chocolate spread.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until banana bread has browned and springs back when pressed.
- Serve warm or at room temperature and store in an airtight container.