Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside and hot straight from the pan, weekend brunch just got a whole lot better. My Vegan French Toast is so easy to make it's ready in 30 minutes, and only requires a handful of ingredients you probably already have. While it's not the healthiest breakfast option, it is made with wholesome ingredients like banana, almond milk and linseed meal, can be created with that stale bread you're not sure what to do with, and makes for a perfect weekend indulgence. I drizzle mine with maple syrup but feel free to choose your own favourite toppings and go nuts!
Vegan French Toast
- 1 banana, mashed
- 125ml almond milk
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs LSA or linseed meal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Olive oil or vegan butter, as needed
- 4 pieces of thick bread
- Toppings of your choice, like banana, strawberries and maple syrup
- Combine banana, milk, maple syrup and meal and cinnamon in a wide bowl until smooth.
- Heat oil or butter in a large frying pan until warm.
- Dip bread into banana mixture and place onto frying pan. Cook each piece on both sides until crispy and brown on the outside.
- Once cooked, toast from heat, add toppings of your choice and serve warm!