Zucchini Flowers with Cashew Cheese
Zucchini flowers are such a lovely treat, but are usually stuffed with cheesy cheese and covered in oily batter. They taste great like that, don't get me wrong, but for those of us who don't want to eat dairy batter for dinner, this recipe is great. It's quick, easy, and any leftover cheese can be used for a pasta dish or something else that needs a creamy kick. I literally ate six of these last night straight from the oven and burnt my mouth. Well worth it.
- 250g raw cashews soaked in 250g water for 3-4 hours
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 zucchini flowers
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and lightly grease an oven tray
- Place soaked cashews, lime juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, water, salt and pepper in a food processor and blitz until smooth
- Spoon mixture into flowers and lightly twist the ends
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes and enjoy hot!